Return to Home

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

So, the WeEkLy ThOuGhTs idea didn't really last long because its been about 4 weeks and I've only written one.

First I have to give a brief update!

For Easter, The Home of the Mother puts on a family retreat. We call it Holy Week Encounter, in each community or at least in each area where the Sisters or Brothers live, we try to provide this opportunity for families. It usually consists of talks everyday with group discussions, rosary walks, daily Mass and adoration, an all night Eucharistic Vigil at the altar of repose on Holy Thursday, the Passion of Christ Movie, Stations of the Cross, nightly assembles, games and sports with the young people, confession, time to hangout, and a huge Easter celebration after the Easter Vigil Mass! It really is an amazing way to live the Easter Triduum. The first time I went to one was my Freshman year at Ave and I told myself that I never wanted to celebrate Easter in a different way, God must have been laughing because I probably won't ever celebrate it in any other way besides the way that we celebrate it in the Home. So, of course, it was a really great experience this year! Except it was a little different because I was the leader for the 11-13 year old girls, I had to lead the discussions for them and at the end we planned a skit for the Easter celebration. One thing that really struck me during that time with those girls is that education of the faith and morals begins in the home, especially from the example of the parents, and if it doesn't come from there, its very difficult to teach anything to the young people.  So please persevere in teaching your kids about the faith and how to be a true christian.

After Easter, I went home for a week, it was a very beautiful time! For the first three days I took some girls from the VA area to visit different communities of sisters, it was a fruitful time for the girls, I think they received a lot! The rest of the time I hung out with Mom, Dad and the boys. We "played" a lot with bees as you saw in my post awhile back. One day we went up to Skyline Drive and had a bbq picnic. On Monday I visited the school to talk with the kids about the Mission in Ecuador that the sisters run, the children so generously gave a lot of money to them during Lent. I also spoke with the older kids about my vocation. It ended very fast, but I have many good memories that I wish I took more photos of, but didn't. Thanks Mom and Dad for everything!

I am now back in Jacksonville, enjoying living so close, 15 minute drive, to Clare, Brian and Addy. Addy, I think is coming to like me, even though Mom and Dad leave when I'm around :) And our little garden at the Resi is growing beautifully! I am in charge of it and I(very excitedly) give daily updates to the other girls about the new sprouts and blossoms it is growing! I think I am the one who is most excited! I plan to take photos and put them up! We harvested our first basil leaves the other day!!! Fresh food from the garden is so great!

Well, I gotta go. But one more quick thing, for those of you who didn't hear, I did get my Visa!!! I am going to Miami this weekend to pick it up!!! For sure I will be going to Spain without getting kicked out in three months!

Love you all and I keep you in my prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis