Return to Home

Monday, July 30, 2012

The Hottest Day of the Year . . .

Wearing the special tutu Auntie Clare made her!
was when this little girl decided to show up! It was 108 degrees and it broke the record heat for the past 50 years! I keep thinking it's appropriate that this fiery girl was brought into the world with all that heat! Needless to say, I was so thankful to be in the cool hospital room instead of the boiling apartment liked we planned. It was a disappointment for sure - but I am grateful for the fact that we do have hospitals. I think there were about 9 people watching Gianna's birth. Apparently they had never seen an unmedicated birth before! Happy to oblige, happy to oblige. (not!)

I will spare you the details but it was pretty smooth sailing birth. She came out screaming at the top of her lungs but as soon as she heard daddy's voice she calmed down. It was the sweetest moment ever. The nurses were wonderful and laid her right on my chest as she came out. I wouldn't want it any other way. All the pain, hard work, sweat and blood was worth it the moment Gianna was laid on my chest. Only a mother can understand.

After that I swore I would never do it again! hehe. You soon forget and I think it's God's way of carrying on the human race!

Happy Birthday Gianna! We love you through and through!


Now that she is 3, she has decided to wear makeup. Pretty soon she will be ready to go out with the boys!

Coned head and screaming, but so beautiful to me!!

1 comment:

ShareThis