Return to Home

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Nana's Washington State Visit

After visiting the Gallaher's in California. Nana came to visit us in Washington! I am so grateful to Elise for having William so Mom can come and visit the West Coasters! Thanks Elise!

We had a BLAST as always. This time I could enjoy it because I wasn't postpartum! The only thing I really wanted to get done was starting my vegetable garden, and that we did! I was amazed at Mom's love and knowledge regarding organic vegetable gardening. She took my garden by the ropes and went to town!

I caught her in the corner. This was all weeds -  knee high before Mom transformed it.

The finished product. I am so happy!!

Mom planted about 20 square feet of veggies and flowers for us. Some plants, mostly seeds. She knows what to plant where to keep bugs away. We planted zucchini, tomatoes, sweet peppers, jalepenos, chard, beets, spinach, calendula, marigolds, sunflowers, a vine peach, leeks and more!

The only sunny place in my yard is filled with seeds, now all I have to do is water and wait. My first real vegetable garden.

The kids loved having Nana as well. Mom changed all the diapers and played and played with them, it was so wonderful. 

We rode a gondula to the top of a hospital where we could see the city of Portland.

It was kindv'e fun being touristy in our own city!


We baked, we sewed, we drank lots of tea and ate tons of good food!

Mom and Gianna making Clare's Coconut Lemon Meltaways. They were good! 

Nana was so good to Gianna, letting her help with everything.


I will admit it, the visit was so wonderful that I cried myself to sleep after she left. I only see Mom about once a year and it's so hard. I can deal with  it after awhile but when I see her again it's too much! Mom is the most wonderful woman I know, so full of wisdom and virtue. She will argue with that but we all know it, she's an incredibly lady!

We love you Mom and miss you dearly!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you got to see her and spend some time! It is hard being away from family, I don't have to wait that long before seeing my mom, and I have a hard time seeing her every 2-3 months, I can't imagine a year! You are a strong woman! I hope you guys get some wonderful vegetables from your garden.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis