Return to Home

Monday, March 12, 2012

{pretty, happy, funny, real}


 ~ Capturing the context of everyday life ~
I am a huge fan of Like Mother, Like Daughter,  a blog written by a few lovely Catholic mothers and daughters. It has all the great advice on disciplining and even more good advice on what it means to be a woman.  
I know all of the ladies will enjoy browsing their blog (that is if you can find the time to sit on the computer!).  Anyways, I got this {pretty, happy, funny, real} idea from them. I hope you enjoy it and try it yourself. 


{pretty}
I brought some blossoms in from the yard. The promise of Spring is showing!

A last second inspiration turned out nice! I think I will put it in the children's' room once I am done admiring it.

Aunt Theresa Feller sent Gianna a very special package. Inside was a beautiful felt cake, eggs, pancakes and a dress for Gianna and her baby doll!

Here she is with the dress. She can't get enough of it and LOVES matching her doll, Mary. (had a little lamb)


 
These are all over our yard, can someone please tell me what they are? I love them.



{happy}


We had an impromptu photo shoot the other day because the SUN was shining on our faces and Gianna loves picking  flowers. Peter also decided to take a nap, providing Gianna and I  much needed girl bonding time.

 

This little girl brings us immeasurable joy.

She is starting to get bashful when we tell her how beautiful she is.

Look at him! Oh my goodness, he melts my heart daily.
They are getting to the point where they can actually play together! It gives me a break from the being the sole entertainer. But they sure love when I act silly and do the entertaining!





{funny}






She came to me, "look mommy!" Yes, that is my undergarment.
Part of our photo shoot was figuring out the different effects the camera can make. We were dying laughing looking at each picture!
We wanted to make sure we got the flowers in there. haha, I look like a creep!













{real}





When the sun starts to shine and the creativity flows there is no time for dishes! Well, if I was really real with you I would say that my kitchen looks like this everyday when the skies are gray and I have nothing better to do!


We make messes to keep peace while mommy cooks dinner. :)

Wishing you all many blessings and cheerful days. I hope you were inspired to make a {pretty, happy, funny, real} post of your own. We would love to get more glimpses of your ordinary and yet extraordinary everyday life. Lots of love sent from the Doll house! 

1 comment:

  1. Awww...so cute Sarah and thanks for sharing. I look forward to make a few more things for the kids and you.

    Love, auntie Theresa

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis