Return to Home

Monday, October 31, 2011

The Dollidays: Halloween

This is our first time living in a neighborhood that trick-or-treaters come knocking on our door, so we were pretty excited. I dressed up the children before it got dark and took a few shots of Peter's first Halloween. Here you go!





















I don't know if any of you recognize it, but Gianna is wearing Mom's costume that I believe Grandma Schaper made for her when she was little. So special. It needs a little repair here and there, but overall it's in great shape. I plan on using it for many years to come.

































Now if I just put these pictures up I would be purposely deceiving all of you. These pictures did not come without a lot of sweat, blood and tears! (well, almost!) But seriously, this is what it really looked like:

















You can see that Peter was quite confused by all the commotion. He was probably thinking, "What's your deal? At least you aren't shoved in this pumpkin!" These pictures just go to show my children's incredibly different personalities and temperaments, but we love and appreciate them both.  We then waited for the trick-or-treaters with our basket of mini parachute toys and echinacea tea. (we have colds). Most of the children were pretty thrilled to get a toy instead of candy, but there were the few that were like, "this isn't candy!". haha, I thought it was successful overall. Gianna really enjoyed handing out the toys to the kids.

I hope all of you have downloaded the improved blogger interface. It makes it incredibly easy to post pictures and videos. We are going to try to do a post about each of the Dollidays around here, and hope you do too!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I love the photos! What a cute little pumpkin you've grown! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis