Return to Home

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Last days with the Assumption Pre-schoolers


So, as most of you may know I work with the Pre-school class at Assumption Parish School where I live and where the Sisters teach religion. I work with them after school until their parents pick them up at different times until 6 pm.

Throughout the time I have them we play outside on the playground, color, watch veggie-tales(they love it), have snack, sing songs, give flowers to a statue of Our Lady(which they really love), read books in the library, play inside games, and go on an occasional visit to the Adoration chapel.

It's definitely a fun job because the kids can be really cute and entertaining at times but it has it's difficulties. I often feel like spanking them all in line, which I can't do, so it teaches me a lot of patience among other things.



As we reach our last days together this week I am kinda sad but it has been a good year, watching them grow and discover new things. I loved being able to teach them what I know. Who knows maybe I will get some of the same kids next year in Kindergarten after-care.


One of the really naughty boys, Jackson, told me one day as we were passing the big Sacred Heart Jesus statue in the middle of the school's courtyard, "Miss Mary, Jesus loves us and He always watches over us" I assured Jackson of that and said a little prayer asking God to always watch over him. It gave me a lot of joy. It's funny because here I really feel like a mother to these children, wanting the best for them, I think I will always keep them in my prayers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis